David worked in the insurance industry for 21 years as a litigation specialist and fraud investigator prior to attending law school. He was a member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee. Currently, he is a member of the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and is General Counsel for the Insurance Appraisers and Umpires Association. David represents clients in their insurance claims including bad faith, homeowners, liability and auto accidents. David also represents many condominium associations in their insurance claims as well as individual condominium unit owners.
David's extensive experience in the insurance industry provides him with a unique advantage in representing his clients. He is also involved in teaching classes on insurance issues and testifying in Tallahassee on insurance issues.
Areas of Practice
- Trial Attorney Plaintiff 90%
- Condominium Association 5%
- Florida, 2006
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2012
- Florida International University College of Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. - 2005
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- Major: Marketing
- MId Continent Cas Co v. Basdeo, 742 F. Supp. 2d 1293, 2010, S.D. of Fla.
- Mid Continent Cas Co. v. Basdeo, 477 Fed. Appx. 702, 2012, 11th Circuit
- First State Dev. Corp v. Basdeo, 134 So.3d 470, 2014, 4th DCA
Professional Associations and Memberships
- FAPIA, Associate Member, 2006 - 2016
- IAUA, General Counsel, 2010-2016
Past Employment Positions
- Florida Advocates, Of Counsel, 2007 to 2014
- Allstate, Adjuster, 1986 to 2007